February 10, 2008

Oh, BROTHER!


Yesterday morning I woke up feeling "normal." I guess I'm done with postpartum. Then today Ethan started crawling (!!), AND for the first time fought back when Aaron tried to take a toy away from him. Maybe this wasn't the perfect parenting response, but Aaron and Ethan were both pulling at the toy car while Josh and I cheered, "Go Ethan!" 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Aaron I said, "Go Aaron!" - somebody's got to stick up for these first-borns :)

Bethany said...

Adelee has been starting the double legged crawl. That and she always wants to pull up and stand. Little stinker

Hey one very very valuable piece of advice I got from Jeff and Becky was that they always cheered for Andrew and always told Jonathan to share and give him the toy etc etc. They told me it seemed fine while they were little and Andrew so much littler. But in the long run they created a monster. Andrew never wanted to share and pouted and such about it. When I had Seth and Jude I remember them telling me this. And many times when I found myself telling Seth oh just give it to him I remembered what they said. And while that didn't change me teaching Seth to share and at times chuckling when Jude was big enough to dish out what Seth did to him it helped me to try to balance so that Jude wouldn't expect everything to go his way. It is so hard not to baby the baby. Soon you will have to wild little boys wrestling in the living room both of them dishing it out. HEE HEE. But hey that first time is kinda funny. GO ETHAN!!! Now get use to it Aaron it can't all go your way either.