As of this morning I am officially an ex-green. I am still going to recycle, eat organics, use cloth diapers and reusable shopping bags, etc, but I no longer want to be associated with "green." Things have gone too far. We have an obligation to take care of the earth, not just because we need it, but because God told Adam & Eve to do that. However, I don't want the government telling me that I have to bring mercury-filled light bulbs into my house. It's not just dangerous, it's infringing on my liberties. And while it's true that our climate is changing, the earth's climate has never been known to be stable. I'm not going to get into the science of it, but I'm done with this global warming crap.
What pushed me over the edge is all this media & talk about procreating being ecologically irresponsible. What a load of garbage. We are part of the earth, not just an inconvenience to it. Let's learn how to live in it.
I stayed up late last night reading discussion boards and chats about irresponsible procreation. People that I would otherwise consider completely normal are pushing this! I certainly don't want anyone telling me how many kids I can have, and not just because I can't afford adoption. Nothing else in life compares to having children of your own. Oh well, we don't have to worry about that unless China takes over. Oh, wait, they are taking over, they're buying up all our national debt. (Which, Hillary & Obama, I think is a MUCH bigger issue than health care, seriously.)
On the other hand, Josh reminded me that people that have negative views of procreation tend to go extinct quickly. Ha ha. Just keep your hands off me.
Farewell, Sweet Office
14 years ago
5 comments:
Couldn't agree more.
PS doesn't the bible say to be fruitful and multiply and that children are a blessing from the Lord.
Aaron and I both chuckle at the fact that these people don't multiply....pretty soon there will be less of them and more like-minded to us because we have taken the time to multiply and instill our values. So in my opinion they can shout to themselves while we quietly reproduce and take over. hee hee. Then we ca n be a green that respects life...all life not just the planet. I have no idea how mercury bulbs are green....so unsafe for the environment in the long run and you know people are not disposing of them correctly. I have heard that LED are safer alternative
Oh, Sarah, don't worry about our national debt. The government is going to fix that by giving us more money to spend on STUFF... that comes from China...
Hmmm...
I know I'm not an economics expert, but how the heck is this really supposed to help??
On the other hand, I'm not going to turn down the money...
I'm glad you're exgreen. I was starting to feel self-conscious about my paper towel addiction.
Mary
P.S. I hope you keep having lots and lots of babies -- your kids are so beautiful!
Mary :)
I say, read something happy and eat chocolate.
Post a Comment