We go to the library every week, and the kids like to take home zillions of books. So, I got both of the boys backpacks and library cards, and now they do it themselves. They pick out their books, they check them out, they carry them home. Let me just say, the piles are MUCH smaller now! (Mae has a little rolling backpack, so she takes her own books too.)
Library books are really important to them. The boys don't nap anymore, but every day 2pm is quiet time. They have to been on their own beds, with no talking and no toys, but as many books as they want. I get Mae to sleep and then read my own books there in their room. It's taken us a while, but everyone cooperates now. We do the same thing at night: around 6pm, they all get in bed and have reading time until bedtime while I pick up the house.
1 comment:
Love this!!
Post a Comment