March 16, 2010

The Princess Idea

I decided today that the Princess idea is an adult thought. What little girl truly understands what it would mean to be a princess? When I was a little girl, my idea of royalty was wearing a different pretty dress to a fancy dinner every night.

Today I spent most of the day out in the sunshine, which I needed. I most certainly have Seasonal Affective Disorder - who doesn't? I honestly don't think it's a disorder, I think it's totally normal to have emotions affected by the weather. But anyway.

I returned from our day out to a total mess. Laundry half done (I can only do laundry until 1pm - oops), all the beds stripped and needing sheets (why do I continue to do them all on one day?), kids tired and dirty.

And I thought - What a great idea to be a princess. No work; living in a castle (i.e. huge house with plenty of space); someone else cooking, cleaning, doing laundry for you. Birds singing you serenades. Now that is entirely lovely.

Ha ha.

No comments: