We don't need a car until May or June, but we have started looking. We stopped yesterday at the Honda dealership to check out the Pilots. Not only are they are enormously wide (wide enough for two Britax seats and the infant seat!), but they have three latch systems in the center row. The salesman was trying so hard to sell me on the Odyssey minivan, but because all of our kids are so small, I really think it will be more convenient for me to strap in three kids across than be climbing into the back of a minivan to strap them in.
As a side note, Ethan is still so small that (at 19 months old) he hasn't hit 20 lbs yet and still has to be rear facing. So putting a rear-facing seat in the back of a minivan is out of the question.
And yes, I am totally vain and cannot picture myself owning a minivan. Just wanted to let you know that I am aware of that. :) I still picture myself as the cool college girl (Was I ever cool? I was such an A+ nerd), but hey, I'm not 30 yet, so I suppose I can let that illusion continue a bit longer. Ha.
Oh, and Josh found a couple of vintage convertible Cadillacs that he swears could fit six car seats across the back seat. Ha ha.
3 comments:
Good job for all the cleaning and projects that you are getting done, Sarah! Sometimes I get the urge, but then I am asleep before I know it. You think energy will kick in sometime for me before the baby is born? ...
Praying about the car ...
Ha ha ha... Sarah.. I said to my friends, shoot me if I ever get a minivan and have a soccer ball in the back of it. Ben now loves soccer and we are looking at minivans.
m :)
Thank you for your vanity. And your unabashed hatred of the minivan. I, too, swear I will never own a vehicle with sliding doors.
Post a Comment