January 24, 2009

Description

I've been reading everyone's descriptions of themselves on blogger & facebook. In conversation people say, "I am a teacher," or "I am a nurse," and that gives you a good idea of who they are, what's important to them, how they spend their time. My description would go like this:

Sarah: I am Josh's wife. I am mom to two boys, ages 2 and 1, and I'm expecting again in May. I live in an 800-square-foot apartment in Philadelphia for ten months of the year and in the Pocono mountains the other two months. I don't currently own a car, I eat mostly organically, I love to ride my bike. I use cloth diapers, selectively vaccinate my kids, and try to get them outside every single day. I like doing laundry, I don't usually make my bed in the morning, I don't like doing dishes, I obsess about keeping the house organized. I like to sew and knit, I shop too much, I'm a pretty non-religious Christian but wouldn't call myself a liberal. 

2 comments:

Judy said...

I like your description. You like doing laundry?!?! I hate it. I do it every single day though. There's nothing I hate more than spending an entire day doing laundry... Such is the life of a mom I guess. I used to obsess about having an organized house until Ida came along & I gave up. I was killing myself with cleaning up between feedings.

I'm a non-religious Christian myself... I like that description.

Congrats on number three! :)

Hannah said...

I love you Sarah...and miss you!!!:(