I had a good breakthrough moment yesterday. Our church had a combined service for all four churches in the city. I was sitting there looking around and realized why I feel so disconnected there. The mission of the church is to reach neighborhoods, the focus is on loving your immediate neighbors. They have churches in Roxborough, Fairmount, Fishtown and South Philly. I don't live in any of those places, and my heart isn't "for" any of those places specifically, so the mission of the church just doesn't make sense to my heart. We lived in Fishtown when we started going there. We walked to church and I suppose we lived the mission of the church there. Since moving out of Fishtown, though, there's been a definite disconnect for us.
Our pastor is leaving and going back to the inner city, so it provides a good transition time if we do decide to go elsewhere.
That said, there are many people there that I love.
1 comment:
Hi Sarah, I'm not sure if you remember me, but I'm your mother's cousin Paul's daughter. Your mom told my mom about your blog and she passed it on to me. I just wanted to let you know I've really enjoyed reading about your family. I'm also a knitter, so I really loved your little boys' pants. And your kids are adorable as well. Have a great day!
Post a Comment