Today was our first Christmas of the year. We hung out with my family and are headed off to the sunny state tomorrow. Hooray for winter vacations!
Had another prenatal appointment today ... I felt kind of bored with it - not the baby part! - just the appointment itself. Blood pressure (a whopping 80/52), weight (gained 7 pounds in the last month, so apparently I'm on the high road to quickly sweeping away my 20-lb weight gain I did when pregnant with Ethan), "Any questions?" and then I'm out. I am measuring several weeks ahead of my due date, which is strange for me as my belly is usually small compared to the norm. So Kathy, the midwife, asked me how sure I am of this date. Well, I was 100% sure, and then they moved it forward a week after the ultrasound. The date on the page says "May 30th" now, but I've had a couple of dreams where I had the baby six weeks early. I told her about this. She said, "You know, six weeks early means a hospital birth." "No," I said, "In my dreams I always have her in my bathroom." She asked if I am alone in these dreams. I'm always alone, except for one time, when I was sitting nursing her after she's born, and Josh comes in, sees the baby, freaks out, and starts to dial 911. I yell at him not to do this, telling him the baby's vital signs and pointing out that she's nursing happily. When I tell her this, Kathy shrugs her shoulders and says, "Yeah, it's always a mess when you call 911. Did you know that now if you're taken to the hospital, they isolate your baby from the others because it's 'contaminated?' As if the hospital wasn't the dirtiest place on earth." And I agree with her heartily.
Anyway, here's to dreaming. Merry Christmas.
Farewell, Sweet Office
14 years ago
2 comments:
Merry Christmas to you and your boys, big and small! We love you!!
I love your perspective on pregnancy and childbirth. You are so free of the system.
Have a good Christmas, Sarah. Enjoy the sunshine. We do eat it up daily. It is definitely a gift.
mary
Post a Comment