March 31, 2008

Growing

Aaron turned two on Friday. I felt very sentimental about his birthday. I am emotional about it still.

Ethan was baptized on Sunday. That was a big thing for me. I have really struggled with my faith over the last couple of months. Josh, meanwhile, has been my stabilizing force, dragging me to church, taking me to hang out with other Christians, talking with me about God, listening to my thoughts and questions, and even once telling me to just stop talking. So Josh scheduled Ethan's baptism and invited our family. Aside from shopping for an outfit for Ethan, I didn't really think much about it until the night before.

I want to write here that my faith is strong and that I am doing well. That's not entirely true. But I do know that God is loving and I do believe in Jesus as God, my Savior. So maybe my struggle is more with the church and with religion than anything to do with the person(s) of God.

Anyway, I stood and promised to raise Ethan in a godly home and to teach him about God. I meant it with all of me.

4 comments:

sara* said...

It's good to know that I am not alone.

Know that you are not alone either.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your honesty. Maybe yours is an honest faith. I can't tell you the relief I got knowing that Mother Theresa experienced great gashes of faith as well.

Praying you peace.

mz

Anonymous said...

precious sarah..

i think my faith in God is the strongest now that its ever been in my life. Moving across an ocean at the age of 20 with a newborn to a huge city where i dont know anyone, and couldnt find anyone like me for a hundred miles in any direction caused me to learn the absolute certainty of leaning on God. I dont make it through a single day without starting it by asking Him to fill me with His patience, grace and holiness. I wish we could all have Katie's faith!! Keep trusting in Him...

love you forever and ever

Hannah said...

Im right there with you! It was so good being with you all this past week. It did wonders to my heart! Love you