Here we are, shortly after I thought Josh was either dead or seriously mangled. I wish I was kidding. On my way home from church on Sunday a stranger called my cell phone to tell me that Josh had been in a motorcycle accident on Lincoln Drive. I drove to the site and found four police cars, an ambulance, a fire truck, and about ten people standing around him. They took him to the hospital and then asked me to wait. Then the police wouldn't let me leave until I got his motorcycle towed (!). I didn't have the mental capacity to do that, so an hour later they took care of it for me and they let me leave. I got to the hospital just in time to see Josh get discharged with two bandaids and a prescription for motrin. What a miracle. It shook me up enough to appreciate Josh all over again. The thought of losing him is terrible. Having him here is wonderful.
3 comments:
OH FREAKY!!!!! I am glad my little brother is ALIVE. ;) That is scary. I had a cop call me a few months ago to give me some report number for an accident. I started freaking out because I couldn't get ahold of Aaron and she wouldn't tell me at first what was going on....he ended up fine. I know the wondering is scary.
Another reason that motorcycles are evil.
I'm so glad everything ended so well!
Michael says "Get rid of the bike!" I got the same phone call (well, sort of) and it took eleven surgeries, nine months in a cast, seventeen months of rehabilitation and a lifetime of worry about the reconstructed leg.
I am SO RELIEVED you are all safe.
Post a Comment