Well, that announcement made, I can now begin writing my thoughts again. I've been having a hard time coming up with anything superficial to say. :)
My first reaction to finding out I was pregnant was shock. I tried to take a picture of the test so that I'd believe myself later. It didn't work, I think you need a professional zoom to capture something that small, so I found myself only hours later doubting whether the whole thing had been a dream. Too bad I was also nauseous, craving things, exhausted, emotional and developing a belly that was going straight out instead of side-to-side. And then - I just felt really blessed.
I am so grateful that I am not sick like I was with Aaron. I've only thrown up a handful of times (I was really sick every day with Aaron), and the nausea, while it STINKS, is already starting to lessen. Thank heavens, (I do literally thank God for), Trader Joe's freezer section where I found a variety of good food that I can make in five minutes or less. :) We are out of cloth diapers, I can't do that right now, and so I am thankful for disposable diapers and my mom who bought me a case of them!
I had decided to go back to the Birth Center, but they are refusing to deliver the baby without my getting an ultrasound to date the pregnancy (despite the fact that my dates correspond exactly to the size of my uterus by palpation, and we have to pay for the ultrasound out of pocket). The midwife was also nasty to me about having another baby so soon. There are seven midwives at the center, and Josh reminded me that it's probably for the best that the strictest one talked to me. She was totally upfront about all their rules, and frankly, I'm not interested in being stuck with a hundred policies that I have to follow, so I'm looking to go elsewhere. I'm praying that we'll find the right person to deliver this baby.
Farewell, Sweet Office
14 years ago
7 comments:
That's silly that the midwife was upset you were pregnant "so soon". I mean, really, what can you do about that now anyway?!!!!
I'm (pleasantly) envious of your ability to spontaneously fertilize :)
Just curious, what is your opinion on VBAC with a horizontal C-sect incision on someone who is AMA?
What a great way to start the new year.....
Mary
I love you! I can't wait for you to have another baby! and I will be praying for you to find the right place to give birth... blessings.
-Erin Grace
Sarah im sooo happy to hear that u are going to have another baby yes!
hopefully this new baby and i be be quick friend me and aaron
I have friends here in California that do Medi-Cal and have ultrasounds paid for and such. Don't you all have some sort of Medicade program there you could look into for assistance?
I have PA medical assistance but there was a mix-up and so I can't get my ultrasound paid for until after Feb. 1st, which is too late to date the pregnancy by ultrasound.
Can you go to a crisis pregnancy center? They give free ones here at the one my friend works at?? Might be worth a try.
i honor and respect YOU, and am so excited about the new birth that God is weaving in YOU.
love.
katie.
Post a Comment