Josh and I have talked about a million possibilities. Josh could work; I could work; we both could work part-time and stay home part-time ... at this point Josh is working. So what am I doing? Besides the housework, which never gets done despite my best intentions ...
Maybe I am just building character (mine and Aaron's). Nurturing my son. While I love it (most of the time), it's difficult because there's no tangible goal. There's no certificate, degree or finish line in sight. Just life. I guess that's what I like and hate most. It's day after day after day of giggles, cries, snuggling, and the deepest challenges I've ever known.
I'm not sure how to end this ... so when in doubt insert a picture. Ha ha. The beauty of blogging. I'll leave all those thoughts open-ended.

4 comments:
Well, although I only have girls, you are training a boy to become a man and one day be a husband & dad himself, I know Josh will have a lot to contribute as well. You are training and teaching him to be a godly man. What a huge responsibility we have in training our children, praying they will some day come to know Christ and have a relationship with Him. It is an honor that God chose us to raise these little munchkins. Enjoy each moment because time sure does fly. Enjoy every moment you have with him- and I don't think that will be hard... he is such a cutie! I will be praying for you, being a mom is a huge responsiblity- and can be very overwhelming at times- but that's where God comes in- we are blessed and are not doing it on our own and never have to!
Sarah,
When Ben was little I was trying to teach him to read. I would say, Ben, the B says "b b" like "Ball". And Ben would say in his monotone voice, Mommy, the B says "b" like "choo choo". I remember thinking to myself, I went to college for eight years for this?????
We need to love and nurture our children and build them. It is a recent phenomena, however, that our entire world is centered around our children. I think it is valid to have dreams, desires and pursuits outside of peek-a-boo!
Everyone told me that it gets easier when your kids are older. I actually find Ben more demanding now and needs me to be more focused on him. I'm at the point now where I sacrifice sleep to get time to do the things that keep me going. Sometimes I think there are parallel worlds for me -- my job is raising Ben but I have other work to do as well.
I love you!
Oh, my, Sarah! What a tremendous privilege you have been given to invest the whole of who you are into one precious package - Aaron! That he has this uninterrupted time with you at his side to instill truth within him is priceless. No dollar amount on any job could touch what you will invest. And that you can drop it in him now - before he begins to speak out of his environment is also priceless. You choose by what you "deposit" what will be withdrawn in the days to come. This is your destiny. This is your purpose. He is what you write your life on. He will carry what you instill and will ignite his generation. Oh, my, Sarah! What an honor and privilege. There is no other job worth what you've been given. All bank accounts take time for the money to accrue. But once the deposit has been made - the dollar amount grows by the day. You are watching over stock that has profit now and through eternity!
Post a Comment