June 5, 2011

Girlie Space


It's Mae's own little space, in a very boy room full of cars, trains, tools, and Toy Story dress-ups. I love it.



Josh found the Ikea Fjellse bed in their As-Is section for $12. He picked up new slats for it, bringing it to a grand total of $20. Then he cut it down to fit our crib mattress, modified the headboard, and added a little shelf at the end. I wanted to upholster it, but Josh wasn't really into that, and I'm glad now that he talked me out of it. The wood is pretty.

I bought a twin size comforter and cut it in half, and did the same with the duvet cover (a super find at the Pottery Barn Kids Outlet). It fits just right, and I have an extra to keep on the bed when I'm washing one (it is white after all!). I haven't actually finished the second duvet, as that involves sewing buttons and button holes ... but I'll get there. Ha.

No comments: