June 25, 2011

Best

Habanero-spiced cheese, snickers bar, glass of raw milk. And an hour alone in the sun.

This is my best summer yet.

We've fallen into a routine. I feel almost giddy about my lazy summer days.

Our days go like this:
- Wake up whenever. If kids wake up before me, they can watch Playhouse Disney.
- Make breakfast. Oatmeal, honey, raw milk OR scrambled eggs, cheese, toast, jelly OR yogurt, granola.
- Put on sneakers and go to the soccer field. Play soccer with the boys for a while. Mae usually sits in the grass and plays with the flowers.
- Then run around the perimeter of the field while the kids play. Inevitably, I don't make it around more than once before someone needs my attention. I'm glad for the interruption as I really don't like running. Who needs to run more than a quarter mile anyway?
- Walk up the steep hill to our apartment.
- Walk up the second half of the steep hill - to the Lodge swimming pool
- Sit in the sun and watch the kids play in the pool. I make them all wear life jackets, since it's just me watching the three of them.
- Walk down the hill to our apartment. If my kids make it down without whining, they get a spoon of ice cream before lunch.
- Make peanut butter and jelly for lunch.
- Kids get on their beds and I read a long book to them (we just finished Little House in the Big Woods).
- Kids fall asleep (seriously!)
- Wake up kids by 4pm, they play outside, I knit sometimes.
- Dinner around 6pm - from the local farmer's market.
- Clean up, kids play, hang out.
- Start baths around 7:30pm
- 9pm everyone in bed, and I read to them again.
- We all go to sleep, and I fall asleep on Mae's bed with her.
- Josh gets home somewhere between 8pm and 12am, wakes me up, and I move into our bed.

And that is my life this summer. (With a few loads of laundry between.)

2 comments:

Bethany said...

sounds like a nice rythmn

Ziggy said...

Sounds absolutely divine!