July 7, 2010

Final Longies

Purple longies ... almost finished, just have to weave in the ends. These have been literally six months in the making. They're for Mae this winter ... although right now they look huge! Should fit by November, though. They're Malabrigo yarn, the softest wool ever. Soft = quickly pilly, but that's ok. That's what the fabric shaver is for.

A final pair of longies. I realized as I started them that I have the pattern memorized. How many times do you need to do a knitting pattern before it's memorized? Ha. These are O-Wool Classic, my new favorite wool. It knits and feels like cotton, but with a bit more stretch. Really nice stuff, although I don't recommend it for beginners, as it really shows mistakes. 

1 comment:

Vernice said...

I love to knit! I haven't done it in awhile but when I was in college I used to knit all day even when I should have been studying. I have been thinking a lot about taking it up again.. I think I may. Thanks for the reminder :)