June 9, 2010

Here Now

Well, we are here. I did forget a few key things (pots and pans! and my pretty throw pillows for the campy couch). It has been in the 70's, although it's currently 56 degrees and raining. Cold - but Josh reminded me that it's only June here. It will be hot by August.

About the food ... I don't have a plan (maybe I'm turning into Josh?), but I am going to try to eat all local food. There is a farmers market on Saturdays that sounds fantastic. I figure, if I can do it anywhere at any time, I should be able to do it here and now. We have local raw milk dairies, cheese, buffalo, beef, pork, chicken, eggs, honey, organic produce, and a little natural foods shop in town that has bulk organic flour, oats, etc. So ... we'll see. The food in the grocery store is really expensive and mostly junk, so I have some serious motivation to stay out of there.

Ethan announced before we left that he was not going to use diapers at camp. We had two very successful days, and then he seemed to quit yesterday afternoon. I've lost count of how many times he has done that now ... his record is four days totally dry, but he always quits. I'm at a total loss as to what to do about it, so it's become a serious matter of prayer. :) As a weird side note, he is fine when we're out, it's when we're home that he has accidents.

I don't have internet at the apartment yet, so I'm sitting in my car mooching free internet ... Hopefully we'll be up at the house soon. :)

No comments: