I set out to make Mae a new dress tonight. It's a really simple pattern, and I had already cut the pieces out, so I was thinking I'd be finished in thirty minutes and she'd have a new dress to wear tomorrow.
Um, not quite. I spent two hours trying to A) get the pieces to fit together correctly, and B) get my sewing machine to sew straight (it was the machine, not me!). I finally decided that I knew better than whoever wrote this dang pattern, and cut up the pieces to fit (the sleeves specifically). The pattern was, in fact, written incorrectly.
... Ok, until I realized that the shoulders were supposed to be gathered (oh, that would have been cute). So, I ended up with a very wonky dress top. Rgh. Next time I have two hours to kill I think I should just sleep.
1 comment:
I just had to rip out a knitting project this week and it took two hours to untangle. FUN
Post a Comment