December 3, 2007

Nearing Home

So when I named this blog, I was just beginning my stay-at-home-mom life. I named the blog "Nearing Home" because I felt, very literally, that's where I was. So, have I "arrived?"

I'm twenty months into this, although Josh was also home for a while, so I've actually only been home by myself for seven months. And here's where I stand with it now.

My domestic skills: I'm still a bad cook, but I'm pretty good at getting laundry stains out now. My house gets clean from time to time. I'm getting pretty good at sewing. I'm a very poor knitter. I haven't given up yet, though ... :)

Me: I'm definitely more relaxed. The hospital was not a good setting for me. I tend to get anxious and stressed naturally, so being in a setting that encouraged tense emotions wasn't healthy. I'm glad that I've been able to step away from it long enough to see it for what it was. Maybe I could be a good nurse (I never really felt like I was too good at it anyway), but I think I'd be better off with something that wouldn't stress me out. Tentatively I'm going back to work next September, and I think I'm going to look into postpartum home care. It's nursing, yes, but it's low-key, and it's about new babies and moms. I like that.

Anyway, for the time being I'm here, home, and my whole heart is with my boys. I have really "come home." I feel so blessed to be here: loving, struggling, aching, learning, and growing, . There really is no place like home.

No comments: