June 20, 2007

More lately ...

Josh was able to get two days off and go home with me. Hooray!

Aaron got two vaccines yesterday, the lead scare is over, and he's gaining weight well. He has started nursing again a bit since we moved. There's enough going on for him at the moment that I'm not going to force weaning right now. It will come ... eventually ...

I had my baby appointment today. Baby is definitely down. The midwife said that she can tell from the position of the baby that I'm at least two centimeters dilated but could be as many as six. I spent the whole way back to camp telling myself that I'm somewhere between three and five, but then decided to just tell myself that I'm two so that I don't have a mental crisis if later that turns out to be the case. Ha ha.

Josh and I were setting up the house for the birth today ... and it is becoming real to me. I guess it would have been this real to me with Aaron if I had spent time in the room I was going to birth in ... but this being my house, and seeing supplies all ready, I realize that this is no joke.

So, now we play a waiting game. I don't mind being pregnant for now, I'm comfortable except for my hip (which most likely IS coming in and out of the socket the midwife said today when we were talking about it). I just am eager to hold this new little one.

Please remind me of that when I haven't slept for three months. Ha ha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sweet special time just before the birth. Prayers to you now for a beautiful birthing experience.

m

Michelle said...

remind me again sarah, what is your due date?