May 30, 2007

All I Need Is ...

Why is contentment so difficult? Maybe it's just that it's a discipline. Maybe if I made a habit of being content, like brushing my teeth, it would become easy and second nature. Except that so much around me is trying to convince me that I need something else ... always. No matter how superb my purchase, I can always think of what I'd like to buy next. Some necessities, some just wants ...

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Oh we all struggle with this. Hey we just had an awesome message about this on Sunday and the pastor gave us a list that was so wonderful. I actually posted it over on www.bloggersbookclub.wordpress.com

We were reading Grapes of Wrath there and discussing the book and it seemed appropriate in light of the book and our discussions. You will have to check it out. It was a very good list for me to read.

HUGS