January 27, 2007

Midwives, Heartbeats

I had consultations with two midwifery groups this week. On Wednesday I met Barbara, and she said everything I wanted to hear. She is also really into homeopathy. She had an herbal answer for every possible pregnancy problem I brought up. I'm not sure what I think about that, but I liked her philosophy on natural birth. I almost cancelled my second consultation because I felt satisfied (yes, I pay for these consultations ...). I'm so glad that I didn't cancel, because Thursday I met Kathy and Janet. They don't work with a birth center, only home or hospital births, and they're not as into the herbs :). BUT they were so personable, professional, funny and knowledgeable. So, I'm going to go with Kathy and Janet.

And, I got to hear the baby's heartbeat. Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Every once in a while I wonder about this baby being alive in me. It's half fear, half wonder. Amazing.

2 comments:

Erin said...

i can't wait for the new baby. :) i will babysit anytime you want... :)

sara* said...

It's nice to hear your thoughts during this pregnancy. It feels like it's a lifetime away for Scott and me, and yet it feels closer all the time.