November 3, 2006

God made me for this!

Aaron got four shots today. Poor baby. He got his shots, cried for about 30 seconds, and then fell asleep. We had a good afternoon, but he's been miserable and feverish tonight.

I was encouraged by the visit, though. He is just over 19 pounds, and is 27 1/2 inches long. That's more than triple his birth weight and eight inches longer in seven months! Josh and I like to joke about ourselves growing that quickly as adults. It's pretty funny to do the math.

I talked with our pediatrician about starting foods (yes I ate that avocado, because I wasn't really sure that Aaron was ready for it!). The doctor said that Aaron is still gaining weight well, so he's ok with just nursing until he's about nine months old. He did say to go ahead and let Aaron sample food occasionally, though, so that he learns to use a spoon and is ready for food when it's time.

Josh and I want to have a big family. I was thinking about how good God is on my way home from the pediatrician's office. Two things came to mind.

First, when I was pregnant, one of the doctors I was working for said, "You look great! You were made to have babies." That was at around five months, the glory time when all the world was golden. The morning sickness was gone and I wasn't uncomfortable yet. I heard God's voice in her, though, not speaking about my appearance but touching my heart with His love. "You were made for this."

Second, I had two conversations this week with friends who really had trouble nursing their babies. I felt so blessed today to know that my body continues to provide for Aaron.

From Psalm 139: "When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

The Lord ordained my days. He also provided for me. He did not give me purpose and then leave me to fend for myself. He gave me both the desire for children and a healthy body to raise and care for Aaron. I am so thankful.

7 comments:

Erin said...

I love you!

Katie said...

sarah -

you were made for this. i remember stacks of wedding magazines, or even articles on parenting in your room before there were even prospects, and that is a STRENGTH. :) i admire you, and where your life is right now. awesome, really. i'm proud of you and boast about you to people i don't even know yet.

what are you wearing to the wedding? :)

katie.

Katie said...

oh, and :) i bought aaron something in d.c. the other day. its fun.

Erin said...

I heard Aaron has a fevor? is he better? I miss him. :) see you tomorow, i am going early to the corps to work on the studio... come if you can. :) I love you!

prayer warrior said...

hey sarah u such amazing mother im sooo happy that u have been blessed with wonderful son he is going to be amazing wonderful man of god blessings my friend

sara* said...

um... hello?? i miss you!

Mary said...

Hello Sarah...